- Install GNOME Desktop Environment on here.
# yum -y groups install "GNOME Desktop"
- Input a command like below after finishing installation:
- GNOME Desktop Environment will start. For first booting, initial setup runs and you have to configure it for first time.
- Select System language first.
- Select your keyboard type.
- Add online accounts if you’d like to.
- Finally click “Start using CentOS Linux”.
- GNOME Desktop Environments starts like follows.
How to use GNOME Shell?
The default GNOME Desktop of CentOS 7 starts with classic mode but if you’d like to use GNOME Shell, set like follows:
Option A: If you start GNOME with
startx, set like follows.
# echo "exec gnome-session" >> ~/.xinitrc # startx
Option B: set the system graphical login
systemctl set-default graphical.target and reboot the system. After system starts
- Click the button which is located next to the “Sign In” button.
- Select “GNOME” on the list. (The default is GNOME Classic)
- Click “Sign In” and log in with GNOME Shell.
- GNOME shell starts like follows: